FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California, May 20, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Antech Diagnostics has opened a new reference laboratory in Chantilly, Virginia, offering extensive local support to vets in the DC metro area. The state-of-the-art facility, which houses 34 laboratory professionals, provides local veterinarians and their clients with easier and more comprehensive access to the most advanced diagnostic tests in veterinary medicine.
Antech’s new location dramatically extends pickup and delivery times for most customers in the DC metro area, allowing clinics to extend the hours during which they can offer reference lab diagnostics to their customers. The new location and extended services also allow vets to avoid having to go through internal testing at the end of the day, freeing up staff to see patients instead of operating internal equipment.
Antech operates the largest veterinary reference laboratory in North America. With its 70 laboratories, Antech offers many of the most sophisticated veterinary diagnostic tests for companion animals, including:
- CE-IBD Canine Test, the only veterinary diagnostic for canine inflammatory bowel disease and a first-line diagnosis for all dogs with chronic gastrointestinal signs.
- RenalTech ™, the only predictive diagnostic tool in veterinary medicine, combining artificial intelligence and machine learning with 20 years of data from over 150,000 cats to predict whether or not a cat will develop chronic kidney disease (CKD) within 2 years with 95% accuracy.
- The only complete veterinary medicine solution for the prediction, early diagnosis, staging and monitoring of CRF, combining RenalTech and SDMA ™ (symmetric dimethylarginine), the renal biomarker of CRF, which enables veterinarians to offer the best possible prospects for cats facing IRC.
- CADET® BRAF, an innovative molecular diagnostic test that provides a simple, non-invasive diagnosis of the most common form of bladder, urethra and prostate cancer in dogs.
- FIRSTThe ract ™ urine culture test, a rapid urine culture for cats and dogs, offering highly sensitive and specific detection of bacteriuria with results in hours, not days.
- FastPanel® Ringworm PCR, a DNA-based test that detects the most comprehensive group of fungal organisms that cause ringworm in veterinary medicine.
“As Antech’s full line of innovative diagnostic services grows, we are committed to serving as many veterinary customers as possible,” said Marie kurian, COO, Antech. “Our most recent state-of-the-art facility in Sweet whipped cream means clinicians in the DC metro area have expanded access to the right tests at the right time, enabling the best and fastest care for their patients. “
At the heart of Antech is our love for pets. By combining innovative technologies backed by scientific rigor with data-driven insights and consultation times, we help vets and their teams improve the health and well-being of the animals we love. Our commitment to customers spans over 30 years and celebrates their commitment to setting new standards in the quality of pet care, which we support with innovative diagnostic, imaging, education and support. Today, Antech is leading the future of pet health as part of Mars Petcare, the world’s leading pet nutrition and healthcare ecosystem. Visit us at http://www.antechdiagnostics.com. follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Youtube.
SOURCE Antech Diagnostics