WASHINGTON DC—The National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) has completed a new, state-of-the-art media production facility at NAB’s corporate headquarters, located at 1 M Street, SE in Washington, D.C.
Construction of the facility, including a studio and media center, was made possible through donations of critical equipment and studio design services from leading companies in the field of content creation and management. , said the NAB.
One of the studio’s main highlights is a 15-foot curved interactive video wall that serves as a high-tech backdrop for live and pre-recorded programming. In addition to energy-efficient LED lighting and robotic cameras, the studio has a powerful editing suite capable of 8K post-production.
Led by Emmy-winning producer and vice president of media production Michael Khatcheressian, NAB will use the studio to create national spots and branded educational content for its members.
Productions will include compelling digital stories for NAB’s trade shows and high profile awards programs. The studio will also be used for production of NAB’s Congressional PSA campaign and the NAB Leadership Foundation’s Service to America awards. External organizations can also hire the studio and its staff for original productions.
“As the premier trade association representing America’s broadcasters and as producer of the world’s largest media and entertainment convention, NAB has a critical need for advanced audio and video production capabilities,” said April Carty. Sipp, executive vice president of Industry. Business at NAB. “We are grateful for the generous corporate support that helped build our new studio and media center.”
Companies contributing to NAB’s new media production facility include:
- Angry Badger Productions – Scenic and lighting design, creative direction, production coordination services
- Planar – Fine Pitch LED Video Wall
- Vitec Production Solutions – Premium lighting, mobile power, prompt and camera support products
- Barbizon Lighting Company – Integration of studio systems and lighting controls
- PESA – Router Switching System
- The Launch Group – Scenery and scenery manufacturing, engineering and themed decorating
- Video Visions, Inc. – Professional Audio Visual Design, Installation & Service
- Magis Media – Interactive storytelling solutions for elections and custom datasets. Video servers and control interface for video panels and DMX devices
- The Light Source – MEGABATTEN connector strip
More details on NAB’s media production facility and contributing companies are available here (opens in a new tab).